Friday, November 20, 2009

happy friday / weekend!

carrot bread

For a tasty recipe, pop on over to the hungry lemur! Just so you know, I only enjoy carrots when they're shredded up and baked into something tasty...

I've tried to like carrots, raw and cooked, but I just can't do it. When I was a kid, my mom always had baby carrot sticks around, in hopes that my sister and I would eat them as snacks and become less picky eaters. Occasionally I would forget what carrots tasted like and grab a couple to eat. But I could never get past the first bite. I vividly remember riding my bike around the neighborhood, chewing on a mouthful of carrot and trying to make myself swallow... Pretty hilarious.

5 comments:

  1. that looks yummy! I'm not a big fan of carrots unless they're shredded and baked either. My mum used to make me drink carrot juice every morning. I never enjoyed it - but considering how healthy it is, I'm glad I drank it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's funny! Maybe there are people who love carrots raw and cooked but not carrot cake? I love both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im the same way. I like carrots in a stew though. Oh and raw carrots in Ireland are like candy. Really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cake do seem delicious though! hehe..

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!