Tuesday, May 22, 2012

6 months

A day old

It's hard to believe that 6 months ago today, I was in the middle of labor.  It feels like it's been much, much longer... a whole world away.  And yet the days, weeks and months are beginning to fly!

I can't believe my little baby is half a year old.  This is definitely a very fun age.  We pretty much play and cuddle all day.  She still usually wakes up once a night, but it doesn't really bother me anymore.  I've just accepted that it's going to happen...

Audrey has been going developmentally bonkers lately.  She's getting the hang of crawling, though she hasn't realized it exactly.  She's better at turning and going in reverse.  She has also begun to pull up into a standing position, which is pretty startling.  She just wants to climb EVERYTHING. 

Today is ALSO our 4 year wedding anniversary!!  I think it's pretty handy that Audrey's half birthday falls on our anniversary, and our half anniversary will fall on her birthday.  (Not that we've ever celebrated a half anniversary, but... why not?  It's so easy to remember now!)  We exchanged sappy cards this morning and we're going to see how the evening goes.  We may go walk around our little downtown, if the conditions are right!  If our little friend isn't cooperating, we may just hang out in the backyard.  Chocolate will be involved, for sure.  No pressure!

6 months old!

This week was made for partying.  We're heading out for Memphis on Friday to visit Robert's family, and Saturday is his birthday.  I'm a bit nervous about our first stay out of town with Audrey, but I'm hoping everything will go well and we'll have a good time!

5 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! She is getting so big :) I can't wait for my little guy to get here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday is our half-anniversary and vice versa! It's pretty cool having them spaced out like that.

    I STILL can't believe Audrey is six months already. It seems like just yesterday I was looking at the birth announcement! That green outfit you have her in is SO ADORABLE--can't handle it. I even tried to show Matt, but he wouldn't wake up from this father-son naptime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary and half birthday to Audrey! The next 6 months are going to be pure joy! I just thought 6 mo to a year was a blast. And she's crawling and pulling up already? So advanced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! That swimsuit is very cute and of course she is too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! I hope you guys had a great celebration. Also, that swimsuit is about one of the cutest thing I've ever seen! I'm convinced babies should just live in polka dots and stripes, so charming.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!