Tuesday, February 28, 2012

portrait of a 3-month old

The saddest, cutest thing ever - a baby who doesn't want to play dress up.


"Pleeease don't make me!!"
"Okay, only if I can stand up."
I love the way she's already mastered sulking.

Audrey is OFFICIALLY 3 months (and 6 days!) old now.  She is becoming such a precious little beast!  I knew she was cute from the start, and I've always been so proud of her, but I would say that it's just in the last few weeks we've become really close.  We've finally settled into a routine and enjoy spending our days together.

Before she was born I wasn't sure how much I would talk about her here... For privacy reasons as well as the fact that I was planning on doing much more with this space, and not just falling into the category of "mommy blogger."  But as anyone with a baby knows... it's nearly impossible to think of much else, especially when you stay home all day with your little one.  So I'm just going to let it happen, though hopefully I'll continue to post on other topics occasionally! 

I'm planning to post her birth story soon, because I haven't really written it all down anywhere and I don't want the memories to get lost.  I know before I had a baby I was fascinated by birth stories, and eager to hear about all of the possible ways it could go.  I'm still fascinated with them, but now they either make me jealous if they sound easier than mine, or grateful that mine went the way it did.  So I hope it won't be a great bore to anyone, but if so you can just skip over the post.  :)

10 comments:

  1. That hat is too cute! Even if Audrey doesn't look happy to be wearing it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to your blog, but it seems you have created a beautiful little space here! Your daughter is absolutely lovely and that hat is just too precious. I understand about creating those boundaries with your online space as I recently experienced the same thing with my blog. You just have to be honest with where you're at and what you're currently inspired by, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! Nice to meet you. You make a good point about blogging the things that are going on in your life. I just always worry that it will drive people away if they're not interested in whatever I'm currently knee-deep in.. but I suppose I shouldn't care! :)

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't worry about it because you have a great blog. If you build it, they will come, right?

      Delete
  3. It really is impossible to think about much else- isn't it?! It does become easier to pursue other interests but kids are still so captivating. Such a beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. We're hoping to plan a trip to Memphis in May!! Maybe you can cuddle her then. :)

      Delete
  5. I got so excited when I saw the title of this post because I thought there would be an oil painting of her for some reason. What was I thinking?

    She looks GREAT in her dress! I hope it fits her for like a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's excellent! You have a creative mind! :o)

      Delete
  6. This is so cute. You look gorgeous, too!

    Also, can't wait to read about your birth story. I absolutely LOVE reading them!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!