Friday, February 10, 2012

valentine inspiration

Valentine's Day is coming up fast!  This is the first holiday I feel like I might have time to catch since having a baby -- the last few have just whizzed by without much fanfare.  Thanksgiving, Christmas, Groundhog's Day... not much time to stop and savor the festivities!  Of course, I still don't have too much free time, but I sure have spent quite a few (like, 3) moments daydreaming about making valentines.  Robert and I have made valentines for each other for the past few years.  Hopefully we'll find time this weekend to do it again! 

Here are some pictures from last year.  Since I wasn't blogging at the time, I get to recycle them.  Goody!! 

I made these decorated sugar cookies for a crafting party.
I made little heart banners from card stock!  One for myself and a few for some friends.
I made a fantastic valentine for Robert... it said You're So Wizard!
I got fancy with the table decorations!
Oh man, I wish I had the free time to do completely silly things like this now!!  Generally I find myself so busy with Audrey that I don't even have time to THINK anymore.  But I know that eventually life will slow down again.  In a few years she'll be able to do these sorts of things with me.  For now, all I can do is hang on for the ride and take plenty of pictures to help me remember these hectic days.

My Valentine!
Hope you all have a lovely weekend and a sweet Valentine's Day!  Get all the hugs you can from your best friend, your boy/girlfriend, your wife/husband, a baby, a puppy... anybody!  Hold what you've got.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty Valentine's Day photos! And Audrey is soo cute. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last photo of you and Audrey. I think she looks like her mama! Hang in there, things will get easier, and you will have more down time. Glad you are enjoying her while she is still so tiny! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cookies and what a beautiful sweet little face. I'm still waiting for it to get easier with my 14 month old... well it's both easier and harder but also great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you may not have time to make valentine's this year because you have a new valentine to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!