Tuesday, September 21, 2010

pixies


It's sort of old news now, but we saw the Pixies play at the Ryman Auditorium about a week and a half ago. This is the same place where we saw Arcade Fire last month, but we had much better seats this time: we were in the front row of the balcony! Wonderful view. The lighting and smoke machines made it hard to get many good pictures, but you can see the rest of mine here if you're interested.

Before they came out and during the first song or so, Un Chien Andalou was playing on the screen behind the stage. That was exciting! During other songs they had mini avant-garde movies playing. The concert was great. They played all of Doolittle and a lot of B-sides, along with a few other things.

Here are a couple of videos that I made! I was so happy that no one was standing in front of us. I was also VERY happy about the guy standing next to me. He was a really conservative looking man, probably about 50 years old, and he was wearing earplugs. But he was rocking out so hard in his own way. And by that, I mean he was standing with his hands folded in front of him, and every once in a while he would play air drums or guitar. It was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Now, for the adorable La La Love You:



Monkey Gone to Heaven:



Kim Deal also made me really happy, because she kept smiling and she just seemed so excited to be there. She's the best! During their first encore, they played Into The White [check out that video to see them all in 1991 and how much they've changed...], but something went wrong and like half of the microphones stopped working, so we didn't get to hear Kim sing the whole thing! That was sad. After a really long intermission (I've never stayed at a concert for that long afterward with nothing going on), they came back and did a second encore, with all systems working.

More videos can be found here! Some aren't complete (either because I didn't start recording for a few seconds or because my camera ran out of room and stopped recording..), but I feel they're pretty nice!

5 comments:

  1. Oh! The Pixies - adore, adore, adore!! They so remind me of a particular Summer a while back (quite a while back actually!) when my friends and I first discoivered them! My pals used to say I looked like Kim Deal (!). You are very lucky to see them live - I can't imagine how wonderful they would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would absolutely love to see the pixies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how awesome! The Pixies will always have a special place in my heart, primarily because my friend proposed to her boyfriend and their first dance at their wedding was to The Pixies "Here Comes Your Man" Ace.

    On another note, I haven't been to visit in a while but I'm so glad to see you and the blog looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome share Rebecca! Your videos are great, especially the sound! I had flashbacks from the two times I was lucky enough to see them also... I HEART Kim tooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!