Thursday, August 12, 2010

move your feet from hot pavement and into the grass


A few nights ago, I had the pleasure of seeing Arcade Fire play at the Ryman Auditorium.


If you don't know about them, you pretty much need to. Hands down the BEST concert I've ever been to.


They're so talented and full of energy - between every song it seemed like they would run around and trade instruments.


These are just a few of my favorites, but I made a flickr album with all the rest! Go check it out if you're interested -- I think I got some pretty good shots!


A few days before they came to Nashville, they played in New York and it was broadcast live. We watched that and got really psyched for the concert we were about to go to. You can check out some of the videos here, to get a feel for their shows. It was just the neatest thing I've experienced! Being at the Ryman was a big part of it: that's the first time we've been there, but it was AWESOME. It's actually an old church, full of rows of pews. So you can sit down if you like, but when everybody is rocking out during the show, you don't have to get too close to any strangers. Pretty neat!

Their new album The Suburbs is really wonderful! And I will admit that I feel a silly kinship with it because Win Butler grew up in The Woodlands, Texas, and I lived there for a while. I actually spent most of my childhood just south of there. So although many of the sentiments could apply to any old suburbs, they were inspired by the suburbs of Houston - those are MY 'burbs! Haha.

3 comments:

  1. Super great photos Rebecca! Especially those top two! It sounds like I need to YouTube this band as of right now! Thank you - I love listening to new tunes...there's nothing quite like a fabulous live band, is there?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Arcade Fire Rebeccca! What a fun show to have gone to... last time I saw them was years and years ago at the Hollywood Bowl and the first time I saw them was at Coachella... swear, yesterday I obsessed totally about this video *HERE*, was reliving the memory of when I saw them there! They do put on such an amazing show, and I was wondering if they were still as good. You just put my mind at ease with this post... must see'em again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got some pretty great photos! I saw them a few years ago and they were very energetic. I'm embarrassed to say I still have yet to listen to the new album, I'm still stuck on other things!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!