Thursday, September 9, 2010

cute, creepy and crawly creatures

I've been keeping busy and quiet online lately! I didn't think I had much to blog about until I was uploading a recent batch of photos from my camera ("recent" meaning stuff from all of last month) and noticed a theme.

I really like taking pictures of little creatures. Real or artificial. Here are some from the last little bit!

This little friend landed on my brother-in-law's foot and hung around for 10-15 minutes.

Pacman ghost candies that I bought for Robert

I love this little guy! I'm pretty sure it's a Sedge Wren, or something closely related.

Walking salt & pepper robots! They bring your seasonings to you. Birthday present!


Yesterday afternoon when Robert got home from work, he ran up to the house. Before I could say anything, he said, "get your camera! I've got something to show you!" When I asked what it was, he said... "a muppet."


This guy was hanging out on the lock on our shed. For a creepy crawly thing, he is the cutest one I've ever seen.

We transferred him to a leaf, and he curled up in a little ball. I believe he's something in the Arctiidae family, destined to grow up into a moth! They're also called Woolly Bears. I really like that.

Here's another woolly bear, who got a hair cut a while back.

9 comments:

  1. the snamial photos are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha... a muppet! Love it! Seriously though, woolly bears are cool-looking. I also kinda like pill bugs, they remind me of teeny-tiny insect armadillos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are the cutest woolly bear I have ever seen :) Those robots are so stinkin cute! Thanks for the comment on my shop... I'm really excited that I finally got it going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute little creatures! and your haircut is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair is so pretty! I've never seen one of those yellow furry things that turn into a moth -- it kinda looks like a stem of fluff from a tree (I'm not crazy.. I've seen these reds stems that look similar!) And The little bird is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks very pretty Rebecca! Also I love the Robot salt shakers... FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that furry fluffy little fellow is lovely although he may possibly sting if you touched him...? Lovely, lovely post Rebecca and I especially like your haircut shot - that cut suits you very well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie pie post! I love the butterfly and the furry caterpillar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first photo is charming and so are those robot salt and pepper.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!