Monday, August 20, 2012

birthday week!


My birthday week has arrived!  Last year, when I was pregnant, I didn't feel like celebrating at all.  I was far too excited about the tiny person inside of me to even think about myself.  It may have been, historically speaking, the lamest birthday ever.  But this year I'm planning multiple festivities, and it's going to last for at least 2 weeks.  Party on!


An early present from my sister just arrived in the mail.  This mug!  It makes me so happy.  Yes, Lionel Richie, I WAS looking for tea.  I opened it just in time for my afternoon cuppa, which has become a daily ritual during Audrey's final nap of the day.

Left: before.  Right: after!  So much lighter, up or down!

I also treated myself to an overdue haircut this past weekend.  And when I say "treated," yes, I do mean that I used a $6.99 coupon and went to Great Clips!  My hair is so unruly that you can never tell the difference.  I don't know why I get tricked into trying to grow my hair out every once in a while.  It's usually just a bad idea, and especially so now that I have a tiny person who loves to rip hair out of my head!  It just wasn't working out. This shorter style is a HUGE improvement!

Now, back to my tea...

7 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous! happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE MUG! Happy Birthday, Little Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Love the hair, and that mug :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, love the new haircut! And happy birthday!!

    Oh, and I checked the Target website for the Batman shirt you were talking about - SO CUTE!! But it looks like the smallest size is a 12-month, which would be perfect of Audrey (Seriously, you should get it for her! And post pictures, please!!), but it'd be quite the wait until my currently-avocado-sized little one would be able to wear it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be lated happy birthday Rebecca.When a new member is ready to come in family its the time we forget everything just thinking of the new member it just make us so happy.BTW you are looking gorgeous in short hair don't grow your hair too long.I also make the use of great clips $6.99coupon whenever i go to great clips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! The haircut is awesome! Is it naturally curly? Because I am totally loving everything about that. Says me, with the stick-straight hair. :(

    Also... Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is natural! But it's not that naturally nice-looking.. I have to tame it a bit because it is frizzy and crazy! I envy you, miss stick-strait hair! :) Ah, that's the way it always goes, right?

      Delete

Tell me something!