Monday, August 13, 2012

best weekend ever


Sometimes the unplanned things are the best things.  It's been ridiculously hot and humid this summer, so we took notice when we felt a cool breeze this past Saturday morning.  Our weekly trip to the farmer's market wasn't as uncomfortable as usual; in fact, it was gorgeous outside!  Robert was planning to grill all afternoon anyway, so I decided that Audrey and I would join him in the backyard.  


I grabbed her laundry basket (who needs a baby pool?), some towels, the sunscreen and the camera -- we were ready to party.  She actually got cold sitting in the water, so we mostly played on the towels and occasionally dabbled in the "pool".




These pictures make me ridiculously happy.  Robert snapped a few for me, and when I saw these I just thought they were the most perfect thing that's ever happened. We're going to need prints of these photos for sure... to be enlarged, framed, and mailed to grandparents!


I love our giant tree and how it shades most of our backyard.   It's nice to stand under and look up at during any season.  So many branches!



Robert was also working on tuning up his bike, and decided to take it for a little spin around the backyard.  It only added to the surreal quality of the afternoon!


It was so nice to just be outside.  I'm glad that the weather gave us a bit of a break!  I'm hoping that this bit of coolness will stick around and we can wallow in the end of the summer with plenty of walks and time spent in the back yard.  We don't get out there enough!

Stray observations: I need a haircut pretty badly.  This is getting ridiculous.  And Audrey has nearly outgrown this bathing suit, even though it's for 9 months!  She isn't quite there yet, but I could barely get it on her.  I don't think it will fit next time we need it.  Oh NO, I need to pick out another adorable baby swimsuit?  Absolute torture. :)

7 comments:

  1. Do I count as a grandparent? I request the first one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey always has the cutest clothes!! And big trees in the back yard are the greatest. We have a big maple tree in our back yard and it's the perfect place to lay in the hammock and read a book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog. Those photos are great, and I love that green polka dot swimming suit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Looks like a perfect afternoon. Hope you sneak in a few more before the summer is out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby is cute. Husband is adorable. Backyard is gorgeous.

    But can we cut to the chase?

    What colour are you wearing on your toes? And where can I get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It was just some cheap Sally Hanson stuff that I picked up at Target last summer! This is going to be embarrassing, but I have to admit that somehow, in the last week, I've lost the bottle of nail polish and can't find it to check for you the exact shade. I know where I put it, but it's totally not there anymore!

      Delete
  6. thanks for your comment, It's nice to hear from you again! Audrey's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!