Wednesday, June 27, 2012

7 months!


Let me just overload you with some cuteness.  Audrey has been getting REALLY fun lately.  She has so much personality and energy.  Last Friday she turned 7 months old!  Every single month we marvel at how quickly it's passing.


She's sweet and cuddly right after naps.  She eats a TON of food.  We recently increased the amount of solids we give her and it has been helping so much in the last few days.  It's not like we were underfeeding her, but she apparently wasn't getting full enough to sleep for very long.  Since she started having finger foods in addition to purees at every meal, she has been taking just two looong naps a day.  Just like one of those babies I've been reading about in books! :)  I'm hoping it's a pattern that sticks.


I can make Audrey laugh just by widening my eyes at her.  We stare into each others eyes and laugh about the silliest things. She has also been experimenting with shrieking... which is cute when she's doing it for fun, and alarming when she's upset (and babies can go from fun to upset really quickly... I think she overwhelms herself sometimes).  We have a play date tomorrow and I'm hoping she doesn't get in a screamy mood.


I feel like we've become pretty good friends.  We understand each other, most of the time.  She's even started listening to me on occasion (or so it seems) when I ask her to come back to me or not to knock something over.  She also gets quiet and seems a little excited when I ask her if she wants to eat.  She also got VERY excited when Robert came home today.  She wanted to go to him and hug for a long time! 


She crawls, she climbs, she edges around furniture, and I get the feeling she'd be up and running everywhere if she could only figure it out.  This evening before bed she kicked her legs for about 5 minutes straight.  This girl has ENERGY.  She knows how to wear us out!


We have so much to look forward to in the upcoming month!  Audrey is going to get 3 visits from her grandparents.  Hooray for good baby stuff!  We've been enjoying being a family of 3 lately.


7 comments:

  1. She is getting so big! The pictures in the white dress kill me! So cute, and you are quite the pretty lady yourself :) I can not wait to start experiencing all of this fun stuff! I really have had an easy pregnancy so far. Back pain is my only real complaint, but I will take that over other symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that your pregnancy is going well! The back pain is no fun - it becomes so hard to get comfortable! Hang in there. You'll get a sweet baby out of this deal. :)

      Delete
  2. Three cheers for the iconic baby-in-rocking-chair-with-bow-on-head picture! Can she make animal noises yet? When can she read? bbq(uestions).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has it really been 7 months?? She's adorable :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Audrey is blimmin cute...and what a great, great, fabbo name :o) I'm 28 weeks today and not sure about names....it is such a tough and important decision to make isn't it??? ARgh...xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is tough to choose a baby name! I found babynamewizard.com to be a great for inspiration. I changed my mind constantly about her name until we thought about Audrey one day and it just fit perfectly! Good luck with your pregnancy. :)

      Delete
  5. She looks sooo much like you in some of these pictures. I can't wait to play with her again!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!