Thursday, July 1, 2010

bear in the mail

When I got home from work yesterday, there was a package for me. It was from Robert's mom. We were pretty curious about what it could be...


And I was somewhat confused until I read the letter she sent along. This is Bear - a stuffed animal that belonged to Robert when he was little. It's obviously supposed to be a monkey, but he called it Bear. That makes sense to me, because it doesn't even have a monkey tail! I can understand getting it confused with a bear.


She said that Bear needs some stitching, but after seeing Toy Story 3 she thought that Robert might want him back. Isn't that the sweetest thing? She also sent along some great little pictures.


You can see Bear was missing an eye for a while. And he's wearing one of Robert's t-shirts -- isn't that considerate?


Robert told me he's "totally embarrassed" of what he's wearing in these pictures. ha ha ha!! I like it. I think I married into a really cute family.

12 comments:

  1. This is a really adorable post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that is such a cute story! I loved Toy Story 3 - I know what she means, it brought back childhood memories for me too. I still have tons of stuffed animals - and the collection is still growing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your super cute Robert in those photos - so sweet! So earnest! Ah! Teddy bears from long ago - that brought back a few memories for me also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, the bear monkey and your hubby's baby photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me smile, and the pictures are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!! I think this does have a great spirit of Toy Story 3 but how sweet of your mom to send it back. Sweeter you found the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ironic thing is that he was almost a runner in the Olympics... long story. Bear is in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable! I love Toy Story and it just shows how wonderful she must be to think of that!

    And he is too cute with those little curls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how adorable! bear is too sweet. and the clothes are rad! no reason to be embarrassed :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!