On Friday the 13th, Robert and I got to see Fiona Apple perform at the Ryman Auditorium. She was pretty amazing, but I think about 75% of the audience wanted a quiet, respectful concert while the other 25% was set on screaming out, "WE LOVE YOU FIONA" and "WELCOME TO NASHVILLE" during every quiet moment of the show. It was a little bit infuriating, and I think she ended early because of it. The first thing she said to the audience, right before the last song of the night, was, "Okay, pretend it's 2 minutes later and you've been cheering for me." That was our encore!
This past week, I attended THIS fantastic little event with a couple of friends while Robert and his buddy watched Audrey. (Go check out the pictures! I'm the only one wearing stripes in the group photo.)
|Turbo Fruits, opening band for GBV - they were great!|
Robert Pollard is an amazing performer. The band and the crowd were just having such a good time. If you want to get into them, I don't even know where to tell you to start... (Here are all the videos I shot.) This guy has so many side projects and puts out so many albums a year, that my Robert seriously has a spreadsheet that I've caught him working on to catalog all of them and see which ones he needs to collect. That's dedication! We left after the second encore because we thought it was over, but I'm pretty sure they came back for a third.
And what have we been doing on the home front?
Lots of early morning snuggling with Audrey, while the sun rises. Lots of visiting with family, since Robert's parents are Audrey's main babysitters. Also... lots of watching old 21 Jump Street episodes, because that's how we roll.
How was your July? I can't believe it's almost August!!